   Versions and profiles in RDDL

Hi all,

I guess this is still the list for discussion of RDDL (yeah, some of us
are still into it!), if not I'll happily take this elsewhere.

I'm in the process of writing an RDDL document for a vocabulary that has
up to now three versions, one of which has two profiles and another
three, for a total of (at least) six different schemata.

Since it's a well-behaved XML vocabulary, it doesn't change namespaces
between minor versions and profiles, and therefore there will be only
one RDDL document. Of course the latest and greatest schema for the
largest profile (they are all strict subsets/supersets compared to one
another) will validate all profiles of all versions, but some people
will want to validate at one given profile of a given version.

Eris forbid, I'm not trying to open up a discussion on versioning. I
just want to know if anyone has given thought to distinguishing between
variants of a vocabulary in an RDDL document. I'm know it's pretty much
an idle exercise since writing it for humans will likely be sufficient,
but hey in my extremely copious spare time I was thinking that if
someone had given some thought to this, or had an idea of how to
represent it neatly, I'd be happy to pick it up and run with it.

Any thoughts and drug-induced divagations are welcome,

--
Robin Berjon
   Senior Research Scientist