   RE: [xml-dev] RE: Namespaces A Mess?

> Most of the issues you bring up in your (excellent) list are however
> problems that are faced by and large not by end-users trying to use
> namespaces but rather by specification and (lower-level) tool makers.

I agree that many users wouldn't express the problems in those terms.
They're more likely to ask questions such as "how can I stop the xmlns=""
appearing in the result", or "why doesn't the match='body' template get
invoked"? My list tries to translate the many difficulties that users
experience into a statement of the underlying problems in the specification.

Michael Kay