   Default Entity when compose xml file

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: Default Entity when compose xml file
  • From: jj long <longjingjun@yahoo.com.cn>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 01:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

hi experts,

I want to retrieve data from database and compose all
of the data in to a xml file. For example:
Data:
User name     description
-------------------------------------
Philips       This is a funny guy
adam          Administrator

XML:
<Data>
    <person>
        <name>Philips</name>
        <description>This is a funny guy</description>
    </person>
    <person>
        <name>adam</name>
        <description>Administrator</description>
    </person>
</Data>

My problem is:
Sometims, there are <,>,& or other character in the
data and these character can not directly used in xml
file.

What is your suggestion from your expierence?

One solution I am thinking about is:
Replace <,>,& and other characters that can not used
directly in xml data with &lt;, &gt;,&amp; and etc in
the data before I compose the xml file.

An other problem is risen here. Are these entities
been defined as default entity in the parser (Xerces)?
I.e.: can I do not define these entities in the xml
file?

Thanks,

Long

http://farechase.yahoo.com