   defining an xs:token element that has an attribute?

Hi

I have an xml doc that has several "sections".  A few of the sections
will have an element that will appear zero or more times.  If it
appears, it will accept "xs:token" strings.  It can optionally have
and "href" attribute that will take an "xs:anyURI" value

I now know that

    <xs:element name="InfoRef">
        <xs:complexType>
            <xs:attribute name="href" type="xs:anyURI"/>
        </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>

does not work, nor does

    <xs:complexType name="InfoRefType">
        <xs:complexContent>
            <xs:extension base="xs:token">
                <xs:attribute name="href" type="xs:anyURI"/>
            </xs:extension>
        </xs:complexContent>
    </xs:complexType>

I will use this later something like:

    <xs:element name="SampleInfo">
        <xs:complexType>
            <xs:sequence>
                <xs:element name="A" type="xs:token"/>
                <xs:element name="B" type="xs:date"/>
                <xs:element name="C" type="xs:token"/>
                <xs:element name="InfoRef" type="InfoRefType"/>
            </xs:sequence>
        </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>

I am fairly sure the "sequence" is the wrong container here since
there could be zero or more "InfoRef"s

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dean...K...

--
        Dean Karres / karres at itg dot uiuc dot edu / www.itg.uiuc.edu

                  Imaging Technology Group / Beckman Institute
                             University of Illinois
                    405 North Mathews / Urbana, IL 61801 USA