   Re: [xml-dev] How to include one xml file in another?

> (I had been thinking in PHP terms perhaps when I thought this out.)
> After a bunch of searching and reading tutorials I THOUGHT that using
> an <ENTITY> would do the trick for this... but no luck. Can anyone
> tell me if it is possible to include / call / reference  another file
> from within an xml file... and if so how I am supposed to do it?

There are several ways to reference external documents or XML fragments.
If you've got xmllint (from libxml) available on your server, you might
want to use XInclude and xmllint to directly include an XML document
into another.

If you need to do a join over the two documents (e.g. link podcast items
to feed entries using an id or such) that is probably done easiest using
(preferably) XQuery or (less ideal) XSLT 2.0.

Martin