   RE: [xml-dev] Declarative XML Processing with XQuery

As we used to say, "way cool", or just, frikkin wow.
Some random thoughts:

That is a whole lot easier.  Impressive and while it will
make the XQuery fans mad, a whole lot easier to read.  Killing
of the Unix heritage of gnarly syntaxes is probably more
important even than killing off DTDs. ;-)

I may have missed it but what does this do with mixed content models?

The evolution of the schema-aware features will be fun to watch. I want
to see that work with the big beasties like GJXML which attempt to
use naming conventions to force object-orientation.

This will make some of our developers quite happy although it is terrifying
think about how much technology we are about to throw away..

What will XLinq/DLinq do with XML Binary?  (had to put a troll in
but actually important to the sensor web community).

I'd like to see an overview of this fit into a web services
scenario.  I posted a reply to a CNet news article that provides
an example:  the domain/query aware application (Kris Kringle
for Windows Movie Maker).

len

From: Michael Champion [mailto:michael.champion@hotmail.com]

There are a couple of others that I think are worthwhile for people
interested in LINQ and XML

http://microsoft.sitestream.com/PDC05/DAT/DAT324_files/Default.htm#nopreload
=1&autostart=1
http://microsoft.sitestream.com/PDC05/TLN/TLN306_files/Default.htm#nopreload