   RE: [xml-dev] Declarative XML Processing with XQuery

I think XLinq will make the "XQuery as general purpose XML processing
language" fans mad (or whatever). But the "XQuery as an optimizable
database language" people are happy to have both: XQuery now on the
server tier, then XLinq first on the main memory data and maybe later
also in the database once the side-effect semantics have been cleared.

Best regards
Michael
(resident XQuery and XLinq fan)

http://microsoft.sitestream.com/PDC05/DAT/DAT324_files/Default.htm#nopre