   frequency of CIM Operations over HTTP and relation to WS-Management

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: frequency of CIM Operations over HTTP and relation to WS-Management
  • From: bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 14:00:04 +0100

Just an informal check (unless someone can point me to formal stats)
how frequently are CIM operations over HTTP performed. Given that this
format is supported in major tools for WBEM can it be said that CIM is
more widespread in implementation than various Web Service protocols,
could we consider CIM as rest-based?

Also were web services are concerned, can anyone clarify for me the
exact relation (especially in windows environment) between
WS-management and CIM?

Cheers
Bryan Rasmussen