   Re: [xml-dev] XTECH 2006 Call for Papers announced

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 17:05 +0000, Dave Pawson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 16:35 -0500, Elledge, Marion wrote:
> > The theme for 2006 is "Building Web 2.0".
>
> If web 2.0 is hot air,
> what is a conference on web 2.0?
>
> A sales dream?

I intend to write a fuller defence of my choosing of this theme, but in
short my opinion is this: there has been a marked change in the types of
web application we are seeing today, fuelled in part by the maturation
of XML, a revival in browser technology, a willingness to share data
openly and new web development frameworks.  These aspects cover the four
tracks in XTech, detailed in the CFP at
http://www.xtech-conference.org/2006/call.asp

These applications are touted by some as "Web 2.0" (as well as a lot
else, admittedly!)  Whether you like the name or not, I think the
coincidence of the technologies and trends are important.  XTech will
be, as ever, intensely practical and no-nonsense.

-- Edd