   RE: [xml-dev] combining XML documents

Actually, a lot of these things are well known to XPath users, and covered
in Dave Pawson's FAQ at www.dpawson.co.uk; but that's pretty vast and
indigestible. As far as I can tell most XQuery users are coming to the
subject with no previous XPath or XSLT experience and are having to learn
the same things by making the same mistakes. No easy answers.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/