   RE: [xml-dev] Indexing solution for native XML database

> 2) there's often a need to mix tree models with standard relational
> data.  In our case 90% of the data fits a relational model very well.
> The 10% that doesn't is critical and it can't easily be separated out
> into something else.
>
> For the latter case, what kind of approach do you recommend?

Sure, you often have to make compromises, using the optimal technology for
each part of a problem is probably not optimal overall.

I started out by saying that if I was building an XML database then I
wouldn't by choice build it on top of a SQL database, and I stick with that.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/