   RE: [xml-dev] Common Word Processing Format

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 12:37 -0800, Nathan Young -X (natyoung - Artizen
at Cisco) wrote:
> Being able to present a good looking and dummy proof editing environment
> for arbitrary XML formats would be really nice.

I don't claim it's a trivial problem, but there are vendors who provide
tools for that sort of thing.  I personally think XForms can be the more
standard answer, but it needs a little maturing yet.

> It's going to be a while (if ever) before I replace:
>
> > > <ul class="navigation">
> > > </ul>
>
> With something like:
>
> <navigation>
>   <nav-item><a href="home" class="home-link">home</a></nav-item>
>   <nav-item><a href="next">next</a></nav-item>
>   <nav-item><a href="previous">previous</a></nav-item>
> </navigation>
>
> For delivery to the browser.  Is that what you are suggesting?

If the main purpose is delivery to a browser, then no, that's not what
I'm suggesting.  I think a navigation bar for a Web page is a fine
application for XHTML.

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Fourthought, Inc.
http://uche.ogbuji.net                    http://fourthought.com