   Re: [xml-dev] Common Word Processing Format

Hi,

We use a schema to define different content pieces (article, FAQ, poll,
callout, glossentry, etc) - basically global elements. The schema is
basically XHTML, but removes the structural elements (HTML, HEAD, BODY)
and DIV and SPAN. We replace DIV and SPAN with (hopefully) more
semantically meaningful elements.

A user chooses a content type (global element) from a drop down and is
presented with a project defined (or fallback) template to get started
editing. When editing they can only use elements/attributes defined by
the schema.

http://livestoryboard.com/Tour/update-content.html

best,
-Rob