   Re: [xml-dev] Is it correct schema definition?

Hi,

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 17:25 +0000, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Li Yuejiong(John) writes:

[...]

> >   <element id="id_Afghanistan" name="Afghanistan" type="countryItemType"
> > substitutionGroup="CountryItemHead" fixed="" nillable="true" />

[...]

> Also, under the circumstances, 'nillable="true"' is pointless, as it
> means elements validated by that decl _may_ be empty even if their
> type doesn't allow that, but the type _does_ allow that, so . . .

If an xsi:nil="true" gives the extra information that the element is NIL
via PSVI, then this is not pointless, since NIL is different from an
empty element. I guess that's the most wanted effect of xsi:nil:
providing a way of expressing a content of NIL.

[...]

Regards,

Kasimier