   Re: [xml-dev] Common Word Processing Format

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 18:04 -1000, Lucas Gonze wrote:

> over the years.  There must be something broken in the abstraction.
Great idea when presented.
Enables Bill to give his dad a great 80th birthday present.

> Maybe the problem is that no one company can supply software for every
> different set of 20% users.  Maybe the problem is that word processing
> is a bad metaphor.  May it is that there should be many independent
> pieces of software rather than one huge one.  I don't know.  What I know
> is that this way isn't working.
It works for Bill?
Agree it doesn't work for the user though. (my definition of 'work')

> What matters about document formats is their part in the wave of
> developers who will fix the problem, whenever that happens.

Could you expand on that please Lucas?
I don't see where you're going?

To me, if you talk about document formats,
I associate that with longevity.
(Does the state of Mass? Maybe)

--
Regards,