   XOM 1.1 released

I'm pleased to announce the release of XOM 1.1, my free-as-in-speech
(LGPL) dual streaming/tree-based API for processing XML with Java.

http://www.xom.nu/

Version 1.1 maintains backwards compatibility with XOM 1.0 while adding
a number of important new features including XPath queries, document
subset canonicalization, exclusive XML canonicalization, external XSLT
parameters, and xml:id support. It also fixes a number of bugs that were
present in XOM 1.0, uses less memory, and is two to four times faster
for many common operations.

The addition of XPath is especially significant. It removes the last
remaining reason one might plausibly choose JDOM or dom4j instead of
XOM. Going forward I think you'll find that XOM is more robust, faster,
smaller, better documented, and much, much easier to use than the
alternatives. Of course, there's a lot of working legacy code out there
using JDOM or dom4j that no one's going to throw away, but new projects
should seriously consider XOM. In my not at all humble opinion, XOM is
demonstrably the best library of its type. There are still use cases for
which one should choose a pure streaming API such as SAX, StAX, or XNI
instead. However if you want an XML tree model in Java, XOM is the
obvious choice.