   RE: [xml-dev] how to use xml:base and relative URLs with SAX/Java?

> So in my application, every time the xml file is
> parsed and the "base" element encountered in the
> endElement() callback, I shall pop up a dialog pane to
> the user asking if the URL has changed and if so,
> please do input the new base.

Eh? Firstly, xml:base is an attribute not an element. Secondly I can't see
any reason to involve the user interactively.

I think you're better off using an API such as XOM that looks after base URI
for you - low level interfaces are best left to experts.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/