   Re: [xml-dev] FInding encoding

* Ravi Shankar Nair wrote:
>Given an XML file, how can I find the encoding of it? Please give me some
>APi by which I can know what encoding is used for that XML.

You can use DOM Level 3 Load and Save and query the .inputEncoding
attribute of the resulting Document. Other APIs should have similar
properties (some don't though). If you want to know it without parsing
the document, you'll have to implement RFC 3023 and the encoding auto-
detection algorithm in XML 1.0/1.1; my HTML::Encoding module does this
for example, see <http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTML-Encoding/>.