   MusicXML 1.1 saving from Sibelius; XML document adoption rates?

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: MusicXML 1.1 saving from Sibelius; XML document adoption rates?
  • From: Michael Good <musicxml@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:34:35 -0800

Today Recordare released our Dolet 3 for Sibelius plug-in. It allows the Sibelius 4 music notation program to save MusicXML 1.1 files so they can be shared with people who use Finale, Notion, and many other music notation programs. More information is available at:

With this release, people can now use the MusicXML 1.1 format to exchange editable files between the two main market leaders in music notation software (Finale and Sibelius) with a higher level of fidelity than has ever been possible.

We now have 50 applications supporting the MusicXML format - including the commercial market leaders, innovative new products, and open source projects. So I am curious as to how MusicXML measures up against other document-oriented XML projects. Are there studies that compare adoption rates of XML document formats by software in different application areas? Pointers to such work would be most welcome!

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and new year.

Best regards,

Michael Good
Recordare LLC