   RE: [xml-dev] The order of attributes

Jim Melton wrote:

> They were both designed by "doc-heads", not by "data-heads" who
>have a much different view of the world.

Of course, much of the data in the heads of the data-heads is
object-oriented, in which "attributes" (which admittedly aren't quite
the same as the SGML/XML ones) are also implicitly unordered.

I think that doc-heads are much more interested in sequential ordering
of data than the data-heads, who, when not thinking in terms of objects
are thinking in terms of tables of unordered rows.

(See [1] for my picture of a data-head and a doc-head. It accompanied my
XML 2004 presentation and paper[2] "Documents vs. Data, Schemas vs.
Schemas.")

Bob
weblog: http://www.snee.com/bobdc.blog/
homepage: http://www.snee.com/bob