   Problems restricting UBL's AddressType complexType

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Problems restricting UBL's AddressType complexType
  • From: "Allison Bloodworth" <abloodworth@berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:25:34 -0800

Hi,

I've spent several hours trying to figure out why I can't restrict UBL's
AddressType
(http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/cd-UBL-1.0/xsd/common/UBL-CommonAggregateCom
ponents-1.0.xsd) to remove certain elements. My (currently invalid) schema
attempting to do this is here:
http://groups.sims.berkeley.edu/EventCalendar/UCBAddress.xsd. I am only
trying use restriction to remove elements that are minOccurs="0", and many I
was successfully able to remove. However, when trying to remove elements
that are part of AddressType which look like this:

<xs:element name="ID" type="udt:IdentifierType" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">

I'm told by Oxygen that:

'UCBAddressType'.  The particle of the type is not a valid restriction of
the particle of the base.

AND

between the particles.

I read the spec and it *seems* that I've met all the requirements, but the
spec is a bit hard to read. I simply copied AddressType from the UBL schema
to begin building my restriction so I'm not sure what I could be missing.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Allison Bloodworth
Principal Administrative Analyst
e-Berkeley Program Office