len

From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]

> Thanks Joe.
>
> Given that pi calculus is a process calculus, is it true that
> no process calculus is particularly relevant and if true,
> why?  Is this because the SOA can be considered an enabling
> layer but separate from the process layer?

That is exactly right. We have discussed the notion of POA
(Process-Oriented Architecture) as being separate from SOA, and it's
highly likely that a separate OASIS TC may be initiated at some point in
the future for POA, to extend the work that the SOA-RM TC has done. IMO,
it would be best that this not occur until after the SOA-RM TC has
completed at least one reference architecture (or is at least far enough
along). We'll be tackling reference architecture next, in the very near
future.

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Associate