   RE: [xml-dev] Will The Real SOA Please Sit Down?

Agreed - a reference architecture may help this (we have just begun a
reference architecture effort within the OASIS SOA-RM TC). The Reference
Model is too abstract (as reference models are, by nature) to be
definitively tied to scenarios that are that concrete.

> One wishes it were like a Mexican restaurant where there are
> fifty items on the menu made of six fast to cook cheap
> ingredients.  Unfortunately, it is exactly the reverse so all
> of the initial risks are assumed by the vendor using the SOA
> RM as a basis for an RFP.

I'm not envisioning vendors using the OASIS SOA-RM as the basis for an
RFP (too abstract), but am open to possibilities.

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton