   Re: [xml-dev] Source Code Markup Language?

I am aware of the existence of JavaML [1], though I haven't ever found a
use for it and afaik it's died. If you're going along the path of
expressing object semantics, you can use XMI2[2] and UML2 sequence
diagrams. I imagine there's an XML serialisation of the C# code DOM, but
like most other XML variants of XML DSLs or GP text file based computer
languages, the XML structure would reflect the AST not the text-stream
ordering.

You could possibly use MathML2 [3] for something similar, to mark up the
operators and variables.

Pete

[1]  http://www.badros.com/greg/JavaML/
[2]  http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/formal/xmi.htm