   Re: [xml-dev] Source Code Markup Language?

Hi Eric,

Eric van der Vlist wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Le samedi 21 janvier 2006 à 22:15 +0100, Daniel Schierbeck a écrit :
>
>> I've been googling around for an XML language that describes source
>> code, but all I've found is an old SGML language. It's mostly out of
>> curiosity, but I'd like to see if there's a simple language that merely
>> marks up variables, constants, functions/methods, numbers, string, etc.
>> Something along the line of
>>

> I remember to have seen an interesting proposal for such a language a
> loong time ago, but, unfortunately, I can't find out where it was...
>
> I came upon XES http://www.euclideanspace.com/software/language/xes/
> trying to find it back. This is not the one I was remembering but it
> might be worth a look...
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Eric
Thanks for looking around, I really appreciate that. I think XES is a
bit too verbose - it seems to be meant as sort of an XML representation
of a script, which can be translated to other languages. I just want a
simple way to mark up keywords, strings, etc. Maybe I'll just have to
make a spec myself :)

Thanks for your effort,
Daniel