   Re: [xml-dev] Source Code Markup Language?

Daniel Schierbeck wrote:
> I'd like to see if there's a simple language that merely marks up
> variables, constants, functions/methods, numbers, string, etc.
> Something along the line of

> The most important thing is that it should be possible to embed it in
> XHTML.
>
>   <h:p xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"; xmlns:c="urn:code...">
>     In the following example we assign <c:str>"foobar"</c:str> to
> <c:var>baz</c:var>.
>   </h:p>

I've often considered doing the same thing, but have always ended up
using <code>...</code> for all cases.

Will variable names and operators need to be highlighted differently
when they're mentioned within a paragraph?

Will you ever want to do things like search documents for instances of
the variable "foo" (and, for example, not the operator "foo")?

Later
Charlie

--
Charles Brooking