   Re: [xml-dev] xml schema - validation of ip address against netmask

> I am trying to validate the ip address of an interface (as an element
> under the Schema definition) against the netmask value(as an attribute)
:

You cannot do this in XML Schema, because it doesn't have a mechanism to
say that the content/type of one part of a document affects the
content/type of another part.  (Often described as co-occurrence
constraints, and not possible in XSD.)  There are other schema languages
that let you do that kind of thing.  But even then you will have a problem
because they typically only do regular-expression kinds of constraints,
and doing that kind of validation with a set of regexps might not even be
possible.

And then, finally, you almost definitely want CIDR not old-fashioned
network classes anyway. :)

        /r$

--
SOA Appliance Group