Re: [xml-dev] help with <xhtml-tags/>-output
Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: Hugh Chatfield <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] help with <xhtml-tags/>-output
- From: heinrich klassen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:38:30 +0100
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=googlemail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=urpn+ylttZs8hkrrgkPZuJGEY28r3reyYcJfdPNaDWCFCdtL173GiKUuyg3S4Kf9NhxLNEbq1r2IqE/Er03yHOYcTmZ71A6HfYsSx4fS860L74IDqpRJJXeF1V2yzNPXINr25Yp9R25meRrR1ZnOciJqXaSesBIJyozgUVh77z4=
- In-reply-to: <033701c621d6$f0e22bf0$6401a8c0@mainxp>
- References: <email@example.com> <033701c621d6$f0e22bf0$6401a8c0@mainxp>
thank you for that! i didn't even know, that the umlaut-characters cannot be used with their ascii-entities...
my problem is, that the html-code generated by the xsl is not valid.
http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; CHARSET=iso-8859-1"> must be closed in xhtml like <meta content="nope" /> with a slash. that's what firefox does (Webdeveloper Bar -> View Generated Sourcecode). so i'd like to know how i can check out if that's the normal case in xsl-parsers.
the error http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.my-taxi.com%2Fst%2Findex.xml is ok - there's no DTD defined. that's ok.
cheers, henry :)
2006/1/25, Hugh Chatfield <
When I tried the W3C validator on your source it
compained about the umlaut characters in your xml.. not belonging to
the encoding="iso-8859-1 . When I replaced the a, o and u umaut
characters with their respective entities - then it got to the next set of
errors. Is there where it was hanging up for
|ä|| ||small a, umlaut
|ö|| ||small o, umlaut
mark || ö||
|ü|| ||small u, umlaut
CyberSpace Industries 2000 Inc.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:52
Subject: [xml-dev] help with
i'd like to ask, wether my project to be
correct and wellformed.
it happens that w3c-validator does not think so.
in addition to that i would like to ask if XSL really gives out
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
CHARSET=iso-8859-1"/> when you paste this in the XSL-file.
my webdeveloper-bar in firefox the produced xhtml-sourcecode ist "<meta
http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; CHARSET=iso-8859-1">"
(Attention: Without the closing slash at the end)
you guess what my
problem is with that.
thank you for helping links or
greetings from germany,