   standalone and XML Schema

Hi list,

As I read the XML spec, the Standalone Document Declaration is only relevant, or could be relevant, when a DTD is used.

I am just wandering since XML Schema can also have e.g. default values for attributes.

Is it correct that the Standalone Document Declaration is only relevant when a DTD is used, and that the standalone pseudo-attribute is irrelevant when the XML instance documents point to an XML Schema?

Best regards,

Jesper Tverskov