   RE: [xml-dev] [ANN] A new live XForms example: the "DMV Forms" sa mple a

You are welcome.  I'm glad to see demos like that.  Makes my job
a lot simpler.

If we can get more synergy from Global Justice XML's data model
for over the wire XML, regionalization is a much easier
goal to meet for all the usual reasons.  And that floats
all of the public safety boats plus makes it possible to meet the
Executive Branch mandates.  The challenge is that each State tends
to be a separate market and each agency in the State gets to set
it's own rules.  That means one sells far more services than
software for redundant effort, glue, conversion, etc.  Now that
open source and XML are becoming a reality in these markets, it's
time for the vendors to come out of the trenches and realize that
their products must interoperate rather than disrupt.  It is a bad
idea to sell in this marketplace with an eye to disrupting customer
interoperability for what I hope are obvious reasons. :-)

Thanks for the reply, Erik.

len

From: Erik Bruchez [mailto:ebruchez@gmail.com]

First, thanks :-)

You are absolutely correct: the original PDF form is an official form
from the DMV (which you can see automatically filled-out when you select
"View Selected As PDF"), however we designed our own XML format for the
XForms version. To tell you the truth, we did not look at whether there
is in fact a California standard for this data in XML format. If there
is one, it would certainly make sense to use it.