   XPath / Java handling

I'm trying to develop Java routines to process a cXML message using
XPath.
The message is a PunchOutSetupRequest. This can contain <ItemOut>
elements which can either be for real Products or for dummies which
are for Tax and Shipping. I'm really only concerned with the real
Product data, but the XPath command I'm using cannot eliminate the
tax and shipping Money element. I'm using "//ItemOut/descendants-or-
self::*". Is there a way of ignoring the Tax and Shipping Nodes.
	TIA
		Bob Irving

PS Pardon my terminology. I'm still coming to terms with XML.