   Re: [xml-dev] Making a silk purse out of the schema sows ear - was[xml-d

> >   We now have an unpleasant situation of fragmentation where there's
> > little mainstream tool support for RELAX NG due to lack of demand,
> > exploitation of its geek chic (partly to strike a blow against the
> > empire, I suppose), with the result that the normative definitions of
> > Atom and ODF can't be used with most commercial XML tools.
>
> Unless you use relax ng tools to convert to xsd?

RELAX NG is a super set of XML Schema, you can express validity
constraints in RELAX NG which cannot be expressed in XML Schema. Try
converting that ... Atom for example allows stuff like "element x has to
contain at least one y and any amount of z, in any order". You can't do
that in XML Schema.

Martin