   Re: [xml-dev] Versioning of Enums

Ken,

some 'at first glance' questions. If these seem a bit dumb, please take them
as an oppotunity to promote the strengths of this approach :-

1. How does this approach specifically assist in dealing with versioning
issues ?

2. I see mention of auditability and impact analysis but didn't understand
how these would be acheived. ?

3. How is this approach 'better' than creating a vocabulary schema for each
third party contract using the 'chameleon' schema +
xs:redefines/union/restrition etc. I mentioned earlier (I take the point
about being able to specify particular contexts in which an enumeration can
apply - but is there more ?)

4. Large lists are still a problem right ?. It is not unusual in the
financial services sector for many lists to be > 200 entries, a reasonable
number to be > 1000 and a few that are >10,000. Using schematon XSLT would
be a bit impractical wouldn't it ?

4. You mentioned in your earlier response to Glen, that you had hoped in UBL
to remove ALL embedded enumerations from schema. Did you decide then that no
enumeration could be considered 'stable' or did you want this just to keep
the approach consistent regardless ? (you also mention 'type 1' code lists
which suggest in schema definition ?)

Cheers

Fraser.