   RE: [xml-dev] Versioning of Enums

Sorry Len, this is a bit criptic for me (except the last part :-). I can't
tell if you're agreeing with me or Ken or neither of us ?.

Later on in this note I am also trying to assert that there is a difference
between a minor (non breaking) and a major (explicitly breaking) change and
that a vocabulary that provides no extensibility mechanism (for non schema
authors as well as schema owners) won't be flexible and fast moving enough
for business agility (I hate that term - but its late so it will suffice).
If it comes to a choice, the sacrosanct that Ken is talking about with UBL
will be sacrificed in a heart-beat. I'm not saying thats right, I just
saying, thats reality. So IMO we need to work extra hard to avoid that
condition appearing and if that means compromising (slightly) and not being
a slave to a difficult spec and a slow moving change process (show me a
standards effort that isn't !), then so be it. I have tried (v.hard) at
advocating the purview line and, as I'm sure you are well aware it is a
tough sell in the face of [short term] business delivery demands.

Do you have a view on this (silly question :-)

Fraser.