   Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema question

Hi Wong,

You need do something like:

<xs:element name="myelement">
 <xs:complexType>
  <xs:simpleContent>
   <xs:extension base="xs:string">
    <xs:attribute name="myattrib1" type="xs:string" />
    <xs:attribute name="myattrib2" type="xs:string" />
   </xs:extension>
  </xs:simpleContent>
 </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

I've just completed a beginners primer on XSD that tries to describe Schema
in the sort of way you asked your question (i.e. if you want X in your XML,
do Y in your Schema).  It may well be 'yet another guide', it certainly
doesn't cover all of XSD, and you've probably moved beyond its target
audience, but if you find you have any comments on it I'd be delighted to
know.

Cheers,

Pete.
Pete Cordell