   RE: [xml-dev] can attribute in XML schema hold value and unit

It's certainly possible to pack the value and the unit of measure into one attribute and many XML vocabularies do this. However, it makes life a bit more difficult for anyone processing the XML, so two attributes might be better.

Michael Kay

From: Mangesh Kalbhor [mailto:Mangesh.Kalbhor@autodesk.com]
Sent: 03 March 2006 20:08
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] can attribute in XML schema hold value and unit

Hi All,

I am creating a xml schema where I have to making a ‘attribute’ but can a attribute hold a value and unit.

My example is FlowRate, let’s the value and unit could be 100 GPM.

Can I have just one attribute for 100 and GPM both. Some times it might be 80 cFPS.

So can a attribute hold both or do I need element here.

Thanks,

Mangesh