   Re: [xml-dev] xsd -> form

  • To: "Dean Karres" <karres@itg.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] xsd -> form
  • From: "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:22:11 -0600
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

On 3/13/06, Dean Karres <karres@itg.uiuc.edu> wrote:

<snip/>

> Are there xsd/xml -> form generation tools out there [that I'm not
> finding]?
>
> Is XSLT the best way to go for this?
>
> Is there a better way?  For example it would suite me just as well
> to start with a form and derive the xsd from that.  Are there tools
> or frameworks for that?

In the past we've used XSLT to do this.  These days we use a richer
set of custom metadata that we also use to generate a XSD from when
(if) we need one.

If you're going to start from the form model I guess you'd want to use
xForms or XUL? Not aware of any tools to generate an XSD from such,
but then again I haven't looked...

--
Peter Hunsberger