   Re: [xml-dev] XML Performance in a Transacation

Hi Dave,

Based on what I've observed in our environment, there really isn't an
across-the-board answer.  The main contributing factors are:

* How big your messages are
* How you're parsing the messages
* How many times you're parsing the messages

If you're parsing messages multiple times, obviously that will give you
some overhead.  If you can do what you're doing in one pass, that's
certainly the most efficient.

I don't have any specific times, but we had to restructure some things
because of how we were constantly serializing/deserializing to strings
due to the toolkit (and usage model) we were using.  It was killing us
from a timing point of view.  Restructuring the way the message
processing was done and chaining things together using SAX filters, we
were able to get it reduced significantly.

So, I guess the short answer is:  it depends. ;)

Hope this helps you a little.

ast