   RE: [xml-dev] XML Performance in a Transacation

> A new performance oriented parser implementation must come with a
> straightforward API, or else it will matter little in practise.

I agree strongly with this sentiment. It's performance in the hands of the
average user that's important, not performance in the hands of benchmarking
gurus.

(I remember being surprised that an Access database was performing
surprisingly well as it grew. I suspected that the system had indexed some
fields without being asked, and sure enough, it had. I wondered how it
decided, and discovered it was a simple heuristic based on the names of the
columns. Does one laugh or cry? It did the right thing for me!)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/