   RE: [xml-dev] XML Performance in a Transacation

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 08:15, Michael Kay wrote:
> In my experience many of these organizations have just begun to get their
> heads around the fact that it makes sense to *use* open source software. The
> notion that they can also improve their life by sponsoring the creation of
> open source software is just too much of a mental leap. They do many other
> things that create a community benefit rather than pure competitive
> advantage, for example taking part in industry standards bodies, but
> investing in software that's immediately available to their competitors is
> something that gets a reaction of complete incredulity. There are a number
> of Saxon users at present trying to persuade their bosses to invest in
> enhancements that their organization needs, so I know!

Of course, the irony there is that's exactly where their licensing
dollars go when they buy a commercial product.  I don't know why I'd
never thought of this argument before; it may come in handy at some
stage...
--
Join me in Dubrovnik, Croatia on May 8-10th when I will be speaking at
InfoSeCon 2006.  For more information, see www.infosecon.org.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.