   Re: [xml-dev] Namespaces, Xml Schema Whitespace normalization,xs:anyURI,

> Especially if ignoring them is not an option.

Is that so? I really wonder why we can't just agree that URIs are opaque
strings in the context of XML that should be used unchanged.

I just can't imagine that any user might actually benefit from these
normalisation rules if even the gurus argue about what is right or
wrong. You end up with behaviour that is totally unpredictable to the
user.

Martin