   Re: [xml-dev] Have JDOM / XOM / etc. failed? If so, why?

A few things on this thread:

- I went to dom4j after JDOM was in beta forever (are there people who
have used JDOM and dom4j (latest versions) who can say one is better
than the other?). Then when JDOM went final it broke its 'contracts'
(beta to final, that is). It just seemed like Jason was playing a game...

- I have not wanted to use XOM because it would change my API. I can
easily plug in domj4 or JDOM because they provide a *Source for a
tranformation. XOM thinks it knows best and just provides a way to
tranform - it does not fit...

- DOM is my choice in the browser, though I have evaluated alternatives.
They suck.

best,
-Rob