   Re: [xml-dev] [XPath] is it legal ?

<snip>

> I'll try to support it
>
> or a step of preceding-sibling::x[2].
>
> ...but not this one ; only things that have not yet been read have a
> chance to be resolved (however, a smart strategy that would accumulate
> datas that would matches all candidate patterns could work ; I'll keep
> things simple).

</snip>

One might argue that in the arena of forward based streaming processes,
nothing has been read. I would assume that the XPaths used during the
streaming would be pre-compiled and evaluated-- in which case, and
according to your statement it could be resolved. I had anticipated that
this is what you meant by caching.

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter