   Re: [xml-dev] Concept Oriented Modeling

On 4/4/06, Bullard, Claude L (Len) <len.bullard@intergraph.com> wrote:
> http://conceptoriented.com/papers/ComInformalIntroduction.html
>
> XQuery, XPath and Semantic Web gurus will enjoy that article or not.
> If you like OLAP, you'll like it too.  XML for Analysis gurus might
> want to ask if Concept Graphs (the syntax model for concept oriented
> modeling) is another expression of this field of multi-dimensional/hierarchical
> hybrids.

Found a little time to read through this and as far as I can tell
there is nothing here of value what-so-ever.  A very
restricted/artificial form of graphs, and a hacked together query
language that appears to be blissfully unaware of the realities of
real world index issues.  Didn't pay that much attention, but I don't
really think I'm missing anything?

--
Peter Hunsberger