   How to escape &dt=... (org.dom4j.DocumentException)

Hello.

I have the following problem:

One of my xml nodes contains an url that contains the text &dt=...

When I try to parse this via DocumentHelper.parseText I get the following exception:
org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 21 of document  : The reference to entity "dt" must end with the ';' delimiter. Nested exception: The reference to entity "dt" must end with the ';' delimiter.

This ofcourse is fixed when I enclose this in <[CDATA[...]]> but if I do this,
due to some architectural limitations, I would have to enclose all node contents with CDATA.
As I send this XML over the network, this would mean a significat decrease in performance.

How can I handle such examples of &amp;dt= ?
Either detecting that the node content must be enclosed in CDATA or
an xml escaping algorithm contained in the default java 1.5 api would do the trick.

Thanx in advance,
Lukas