   NEW BOOK: An Introduction to XML and Web Technologies

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: NEW BOOK: An Introduction to XML and Web Technologies
  • From: Anders Mĝller <amoeller@brics.dk>
  • Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 09:50:45 +0200

The book

   An Introduction to XML and Web Technologies
   Anders Mĝller and Michael I. Schwartzbach
   Addison-Wesley

is now available from international book stores.

Contents:
- HTML, XHTML, CSS
- XML
- XPath 2.0
- Schema Languages (DTD, XML Schema, DSD2, RELAX NG)
- XSLT 2.0
- XQuery
- XML programming (JDOM, data binding, SAX, STX, XDuce, Xact)
- HTTP
- Java Servlets
- JSP
- Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, UDDI)

"A superb summary of the main Web technologies. It is broad and deep
giving you enough detail to get real work done. Eminently readable with
excellent examples and touches of humour. This book is a gem."
Prof. Philip Wadler, Edinburgh University

"A unique, detailed, and technically sophisticated introduction to
current XML and Web technologies"
Jan Chomicki, Buffalo University

"This book is a genuine pleasure to read - I learned a lot, and I
learned it fast!"
Mary Fernández, AT&T Labs Research

For more information, see

   http://www.brics.dk/ixwt/