   XML 2006: Call for Participation

  • To: "XML Developers List" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: XML 2006: Call for Participation
  • From: "David Megginson" <david.megginson@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:51:16 +0200

The call for participation for XML 2006 has just gone out:

http://2006.xmlconference.org/call-for-participation.html

Tutorial and presentation proposals are due by Monday 19 June 2006. We
will reserve some slots for late-breaking presentations (those
submissions will be due on Monday 30 October 2006).

XML 2006 will be held in Boston from 5-7 December 2006, with tutorials
on 4 December.  The first release of the XML specification went out
during the SGML '96 conference at the same hotel, so this year's
conference will be a bit of an anniversary celebration.

We're planning four focussed tracks:

1. Enterprise XML computing
2. XML on the Web
3. Documents and Publishing
4. Hands-on XML

The last track will include workshops, tutorials, and the Masters'
Series that started at XML 2005 (a makeover show for tech projects,
where a panel of experts dissects what you've done and makes
suggestions). Each of these tracks will last throughout the
conference.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message.  We
(all the conference planners) encourage you to call for participation
in blogs, on other XML-related mailing lists, and to customers or
colleagues who might have something interesting to share.

I hope to see you all in Boston this December.

Thanks, and all the best,

David Megginson
XML 2006 Conference Chair

--