   RE: [xml-dev] Who has created a Web service that serves up its data in o

  • To: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@mitre.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Who has created a Web service that serves up its data in one or more of these formats: RSS? HTML? XML? SOAP? audio? video?
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:27:27 -0400

Hi Roger,

I have a small observation: I don't know that #4 (SOAP format) actually makes sense the way it is worded...that is, if you consider the data to be the message payload (vs. including the message envelope), then #4 would not really be an option, as the message envelope would SOAP-based, and once the envelope is "opened" (stripped away) by the ultimate receiver (or temporarily by an intermediary), what would be left is the payload. Then, the question becomes the format of the data that comprises the payload - i.e. is it XML (option #3), an MP3 attachment (#5), an MPEG attachment (#6), etc.

Joe

Joseph Chiusano
Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton