   Re: [xml-dev] Query Format in XML

Hi,

I'm working on a system based on XML and XPath like XSLT that can mix
XML litterals with XML instructions, but unlike XSLT :
-it can query various data sources (RDBMS with SQL, XML:DB databases,
LDAP, etc)
-there is not a single markup language ; the system is rather a
container within which several family of tags can run together ; tags
can be mixed at will
It's rather a system for native XML programming than for querying.

It is used in a production environment at INRIA

exemple :
Here is an exemple that shows how to map straightforward the result of
an SQL query to an arbitrary complex XML structure without the help of
XSLT, and expose the stuff as a user-define tag :
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/tutorial.html#N801228
Other examples are available

the drafts :
http://disc.inria.fr/perso/philippe.poulard/xml/active-tags/