   Re: [xml-dev] Re: [ubl-dev] UBL 2.0 and Schema Extensibility

Fraser Goffin wrote:
>> Basically it seems to me that the question as to whether it is
>> nondeterministic revolves on whether local is within other,
>
> Quoting from 'Essential XML Quick Reference - Skonnard/Gudgin' when
> describing the xs:any namespace attribute value :-
>
> '.. The value of this attribute is either the string ##any, the string
> ##other, or a list of namespace URIs, and/or the string
> ##targetNamespace and/or the string ##local.'
>
> Hence it is not legal to include both of them on a single xs:any. E.g.
> this is not legal AFAIK :-
>
> <xs:any namespace="##other ##local" minOccurs="0"/>

The above description is ambiguous, and there is an interpretation of
it according to which the above namespace attribute value is legal.
The description would be better written as

   '.. The value of this attribute is either:
     1. the string ##any, or
     2. the string ##other, or
     3. a list of one or more of:
       a. a namespace URI
       b. the string ##targetNamespace
       c. the string ##local'

which is more accurate to the specification (XML Schema Part
1:3.4.2), although even the specification looks odd (redundant
parentheses etc which suggest that this was not the intended
interpretation either).
--
犬 Chris Burdess
   "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety

This is a digitally signed message part